I noticed I got a bit of traffic on my Alexander L post and wanted to do an update.
First off, Vivobarefoot sent me a replacement pair of Alexander L's. It took a bit of prodding to get them to respond, but I was very happy with their response and they did not require me to send back the old pair. I want to note that this is not something Vivo will do if you buy from another retailer, but I'm sure they'd appreciate the input if you have a similar issue to mine.
Ended up returning the Kali. My narrow foot simply requires straps and ties to keep a good fit especially on shoes with a wide toe box. Finally learning my lesson, I opted for a pair of Lucy Lites and to put it plainly, I'm in love. I'll go into that later.
I also mentioned that I needed a minimalist pair of waterproof boots. The Clymb had a sale on 2010 Vivo styles and I snagged a pair of Brooklyns just in time for wet and cold football weather.
The Brooklyn is a heavy 16oz, the toe box is small, sole is 5mm thick, and there is very little flexibility (for a minimalist shoe). That said, the thickness gives warmth to the shoe, the smaller toe box keeps it from slipping off , and half that sole is grip.
Despite drooling over this shoe for forever, I was hesitant to like it and considered returning it at first. It is less superior to the 2011 styles and I can see the upgrades they've made in construction and style on the newer models I own. It also runs 2 sizes small and it is obvious when you look inside and see that poor insole smashed into it. I pulled mine out immediately, as it was the only way my foot could fit. It does make the shoe cooler, but there is absolutely no water leakage. That baby is sealed tight! I also felt some strange rubbing at first but trust me when I and other reviewer say it needs breaking in time. Now I wear them often and long treks across campus do not hurt my feet/hips/knees.
Living Barefoot has a great review on the boot if you want to know more. There is also a 2011 version of the Brooklyn , but I have yet to see any thorough reviews on it. Hoping I have the opportunity to try it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment